Friday 30 December 2011

By Jove, I Think I've Nailed It

This year, a lot of exciting nail products have become widespread and easily available. And these have opened my eyes to the many products that are already out there. Did you know that there are polishes with specifically tiny brushed to 'stripe' nails? I didn't until this year.
Here are a few wonderful products I own or have my eye on right now:

Barry M Crackle Nail Paint - £3.99
This is an amazing polish that creates a striking effect, and each nail is individual. Make sure you paint it on thickly, though, or the effect becomes so tiny you can barely see it.

The example below was made by putting three different colours underneath the crackle coat.



Barry M Croc Effect Nail Paint - £ 3.99
 I havn't personally tried this one out, but my sister has, and this one comes with a warning: Leave it to dry for as long as possible. The crackle effect dries so much quicker, so we wern't expecting it to literally wipe off after waiting for the effect to take shape. However, it is a great effect and I would love to have it on my nails.

OPI Muppets Nail Polish - Can be bought online
Divine Swine and Getting Miss Piggy With It
These two are excellent shades and are really in at the moment due to their sparkliness. Gettin Miss Piggy With It is will either need 3 coats to get an extremely glittery nail, or a red undercoat. It also goes well on top of a black undercoat. I also love the bright blue Gone Gonzo and Fresh Frog of Bel Air, whcih are also both glittery and from the same collection.


Nail Rock Nail Wraps - £6.65 online, but can be found cheaper in store.
I had one of these babies for christmas from a friend and I was thrilled. It's untested as of yet, but I can't wait to try it out!

Nail Stripers - Prices Vary
These have been around for absolutely ages, but recently I went into Superdrug and found one with glitter  attached to it. Just that littel bit of glitter completely revived my love for nail art.
Here are some great examples of what can be done with them:



Happy Polishing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment