(I thought a little take on an Abba classic was unsuitable too, but it was the best I could think of.)
So I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by two beautiful girls; Stacey at Stills of my Life and Hannah at Daisies and DMs. Which means I have rather a lot of typing to do today :).
First then, 11 things about me that you may not know.
1. I love Disney films. Not like, love. I know, I'm a sad cow. But let's face it, what could be better than watching films about mermaids, furry archers and flying carpets/elephants? The coolest thing about them is that they're mostly based on stories, and I love a good story.
2. Nicholas Cage annoys the hell out of me. I'm not entirely sure why, but I know it has something to do with the monotonal quality of his voice. That, and his acting isn't exactly thrilling.
3. I'm a little bit of a tidy freak. Right now, I'm living with my boyfriend, and he's messy. I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to have a giant tidy up without him knowing. When he gets back, it'll be spotless. And all of his stuff will be either gone or in some kind of container.
4. Painting and decorating is my new-found way to be creative. I might even start a business. And yeah, I am that good. It comes from being a perfectionist.
5. My wardrobe looks like I've stolen it from Morticia Adams. Seriously. All of my going out clothes are made of black lace and most of my tops and skirts are mostly dark coloured. What? It's slimming!
6. When I have my own home, I really want a library.
7. If I have kids, I want girls. They're cuter when they're young, and I'll know what to get them for birthdays.
8. I have completely unmarked skin. No tattoos, no piercings. Maybe a couple of scars but apart from that, it's clear. Most people at least have piercings so I think that's interesting.
9. Everyone has a meal they're a pro at, I have two: Toad in the Hole and Pasta Bake
10. I could write all day long and probably not get bored.
11. I have weird-arse dreams that usually come in the form of horror films.
This here first set is from Stacey:
1. What's your favourite food?
This is difficult! I think I'm getting to be a bit of a foodie (I've been watching the Great British Bake Off and I'm hooked) so I don't think I can choose one. I really like flying saucers but I wouldn't say they're my favourite food.
2. What's at the top of your wishlist at the moment?
Books, Books and more books... and a job. I totally want Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch, who, by the way, is a writer for Doctor Who (I didn't realise this until the other day, after reading his first two books of this series).
3. What's your favourite movie, and why?
Pan's Labyrinth. Because as we know I love a good fairytale, and the darker and more alternative the better. As much as Disney is cool, it can get sappy, so when I'm bored of evil men with rubbish plans and factually incorrect histories, I shove this bad boy on.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right here in England. I know it's kind of weird to pick a my own home when there are so many places I could go, but when I think about it, I like it here. I can go travelling to all those exciting, exotic places that I would love to go, but would I settle down there? My family is here, the weather is mainly the right temperature for me, we don't have any volcanoes and we aren't on the edge of a tectonic plate, we don't get massive earthquakes and I haven't known a tsunami to be here in my lifetime. I think England is cushy, though I may get a holiday home in Ireland, because it's pretty and green.
5. If you had lots of money, what's the first thing you would spend it on?
A house. I am in need of one of my own. I don't particularly like being kept by other people, so a nice house with three bedrooms and a good size living room will do me nicely. Any offers?
6. Where would you most like to go as a holiday destination?
New Zealand. I haven't been there yet and it sounds beautiful. There are plenty of other places I want to go though: Egypt, Italy, Australia, California, Greece, Russia, Norway, Ireland, Gibraltar...
7. Do you have any celebrity crushes? Particularly embarrassing ones?
I don't have what you would call celebrity crushes. Am I weird? I think Henry Cavill is pretty hot, but that's about as far as it goes.
8. If there was a film of your life, who would you want to play you?
Zooey Deschanel. Firstly cause my hair is basically her hair and secondly cause she'd make me funnier than I actually am. Thirdly, I love her.
9. What's your favourite season, and why?
Spring, I think. It can be a bit wet, but the flowers all come out and there are lots of cute baby animals to 'aww' over. The temperature is usually alright too. Plus, my birthday is in spring (technically).
10. If you had to be an animal (real or mythical), what would you be?
A bird, definitely. I don't care what, as long as it flies and won't get eaten easily. Imagine the complete freedom you would feel up there in the sky. And how stunning does the earth look when you're hovering over it, a mile in the air?
11. If you could choose a sense to be heightened, which one would you choose?
Sight, probably. The detail that you'd be able to see would be amazing, and you'd never need glasses or contacts.
And the second set is from Hannah:
1. What was the first cd (or, if you're old school like me, it might be a tape cassette or something else cool) that you remember loving?
We had this cassete of Now 14 or something that I used to love. It had a bit of the Beatles, Steps and some other 90s things that were great to sing along to back then.
2. What's your latest music purchase/download that you're loving?
My latest music is the latest Train album that I got off a friend, and when I get a chance I always put it on and dance around the room.
3. What's your signature scent?
Herve Leger, Femme. It smells a little bit musky but sweet. I love sweet perfumes so it doe sthe job for me.
4. Have you got a passion or hobby that not many people know about?
Nah not really. Everyone knows I like Disney and writing and photography and arty stuff, nothing is new.
5. What's the worst job you've ever had and why?
It wasn't really a job, but I had trouble with a woman I was writing for once. I think she took my first draft way too seriously and to be honest she was pretty rude.
6. Let's pretend last night you won the lottery. what are you going to do with the money?
Buy a house, furnish it and put anything that's left over in a high interest account for a few years. The student loan can wait.
7. Are you a messy or a tidy person?
Tidy, but I can be messy if I'm a bit busy.
8. Do you have any tattoos, or any tattoos planned?
Nope, none. And none planned either. Maybe one day when I decide what exactly I would like to be permanently on my skin.
9. Marmite: love it or hate it?
Actually niether. I'm a weirdo! I can eat it and sometimes I fancy it but I don't have it often.
10. What's your favourite disney film?
Beauty and the Beast. The story is good, and Belle is a great character. What I really like about it is the idea of an enchanted castle and the quality of the film. The beginning animation with the stained glass window is stunning and the beautiful scenery keeps on giving.
11. What would your ideal house be like?Three bedrooms with cosy cream carpets, a library, an office, a large living room, an open plan kitchen/diner with beautiful work surfaces and chrome handles etc, a hot tub outside and a couple of good sized bathrooms. All of this needs to be gorgeous and modern.
Girls, I nominate you back. Oh, and Ed too, his answers should be interesting I think..
Here are my questions:
1. What's your favourite TV show?
2. Do you have any really annoying habits?
3. How many colours have you dyed your hair?
4. Do/ did your parents/friends have any embarrassing nicknames for you?
5. If you could keep one object (that is currently in your room) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Do you have any collections, if so, what are they?
7. Which meal would you say you are a pro at cooking?
8. Whats the coolest thing you've been for Halloween?
9. If you worked for yourself and money was no object, what would you be doing?
10. Who is your favourite author and why?
11. What specialist subject would you choose on Mastermind?